Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Matter of Feeling


Today's blog is dedicated to my sister in law Danielle and my cousin Julia as they had to spend Mothers Day without their angels Isabelle and Natasha. I'm sure today was tough for them.

Madeleine, Isabelle and Danielle


Natasha


About 8 years ago I traced my birth mother Hellen (I was adopted when I was 21 days old) and it turns out she didn't even know I was still alive as her mother signed all the adoption paperwork and Hellen was told that I had died during child birth.

I have a great relationship with both of my mothers and I consider myself fortunate to have both of them in my life. What's even better is that they get on well with each other so I'm able to invite them both to family functions without any worries about arguments or jealousy.

The day my two 'mums' met each other: Mum, me & Hellen

This year Mum spent Mothers Day in Perth with my brother John so for the first time I was able to spend Mothers Day with Hellen. We had a sleep-in and then her hubby Greg cooked breakfast on the barbecue and we sat outside and chatted for ages. Despite Hellen not being very well we had a lovely relaxing day!


me and Hellen - 11 may 2008

me, Hellen & Cooper!






1 comment:

Danielle said...

Thanks for the comment and for thinking of us.

It is always a hard day and it was nice to get out and do something nice with Madeleine and Mason.

I'm glad you relaxed. And had breaky made for you!

Dxxx