Thursday, May 8, 2008

(Reach Up For The) Sunrise

Anyone who knows me well will know that I am a sleepyhead. Having no children means I normally enjoy my weekend lie-in and it's not unusual for met to sleep in until 9.30am.

Weekdays however are another matter. Commuting 2 hours each way to work means that I get up at 5am and don't get home until 8ish - and despite having done this for the past 8 years I'm still not used to it and I still don't enjoy it!

It also has to be said that I am not a morning person! Some people who know me may say I am not an afternoon or an evening person either... but that's a whole other story!

It used to take until my first cup of coffee before I could string together an intelligible sentence, however since I've given up caffeine it now takes me that little bit longer to get 'with it'!

Occasionally through my sleep deprived haze I can find something beautiful in being up so early, sometimes it's the view from the train window to the ocean, though I have to admit on most days I've drifted off to sleep within 10 minutes of being on the train.

view from the Sea Cliff Bridge

Not many people travel such a scenic route to work every day!

This morning I was up a bit earlier than usual and I when I put the blinds up and looked out the window I saw a beautiful sunrise. I ran outside in the cold (in my PJs) to get a few pictures.




At this point the neighbours were starting to wake up and I realised I was still in the yard in my jammies, and believe me this is not a look anyone needs to see at that hour of the morning!

Of course all that faffing about meant I ended up running late for my train. Still, I did get to see the sunrise... and it was beautiful.

Reach up for the sunrise
Feel the new day enter your life.

No comments: