Friday, June 6, 2008

Friends Of Mine


Sometimes we are surprised by the thoughtfulness our friends show us.

On Tuesday night my neighbour dropped over two parcels that she'd collected from the postman for me; one came from a friend in Holland and the other from a friend in England. I don't care how old you are it's always exciting getting a parcel, especially when it comes from overseas and contains something you didn't have to pay for yourself!

I have to admit there was a moment of panic when I saw the 'Amazon' box as I've ordered from them previously, although nothing in the last few months, so I thought they'd sent me an order by mistake and I was praying my credit card hadn't been charged! Once I opened up the box and read the message on the packing slip I knew it was a gift from my dear friend Sandi in Holland - two self-help books, The Secret and Finding Your Own North Star

The other parcel contained some goodies from Marks and Spencer that my friend Cheryl forwarded to me - and didn't I have fun going through that box! Last week my friend Amanda sent me some cross stitch books and charts all the way from Wales. It made me stop and think about how fortunate I am to have such thoughtful friends.

Every afternoon one of my neighbours comes in and turns my porch light on so that I don't have to come home in the dark, and they often send me a text message to say they'll pick me up from the train station if its raining.

Most people consider themselves fortunate if they have one or two really close friends but I am one of the luckiest people I know as I have over a dozen close friends, people I could call on in an emergency and know without any hesitation they would come to my aid, as I would to theirs.

So thank you to all my wonderful friends - old and new- for your love, support, understanding, thoughtfulness but most of all your unconditional friendship! I really do appreciate you! X


No comments: