Thursday, June 5, 2008

Goodbye is Forever

A work colleague told me this week that I was 'lame' for naming my blog after a Duran Duran song. Although it was said in jest I'd just like to clarify that the blog gets its name because of the meaning behind the lyrics to the song, not just because its a song by Duran Duran.

The song Ordinary World is about healing; about healing yourself after losing someone you love.

Sometimes it feels as though Belle's ghost has taken up residence inside my head and at some point I have to stop carrying that around with me as some days its completely overwhelming. When I heard Simon Le Bon explaining the meaning behind the lyrics of Ordinary World I knew exactly what he was talking about: "It was about being able to say yes, my friend is gone and I love you but you're not here anymore and I've got to get on with it. I wanted to have an ordinary life."

I'm still not quite ready to say goodbye to Bella but I'm working on the healing side of things by creating lots of new memories with Madeleine and Mason and trying to focus on all the positive things in my life, which far outweigh the negative.

In some ways this blog is charting my journey to my Ordinary World.



Bella Boo



With Nanna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello There

You don't know me- but I came across your blog while searching for something that explained the origins of this beautiful song. I wasn't familiar with it- until my favourite singer (whose fan pages I organise and run) posted this exquisite version of the song. The singer is David Habbin- and after reading about what Simon Le Bon was writing about- his version becomes more poignant. He also has another song on his Youtube about loss- called Morning Song- if you wanted to read about that and listen to it. Thank you for posting your blog- and I hope you may find some comfort in David's song if you want to hear it. here's the link -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXwS-F8RaNI
Regards Bev