Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Promise

The past two weeks have been chaotic and there have been times when I have felt like I was on a continual roller coaster that wouldn't slow down to let me get off!

I've had visitors, a concert (Brian McFadden again), a scrapbooking party, trips to the hospital to see my stepfather, evenings spent studying and reading coursework, visiting my nephew Mason after his second major operation and the Olympics to watch. Oh and I forgot to mention the new relationship as well! Yes, that's right, I did say a new relationship!!!

There is a young guy named Aaron that lives on the opposite side of the street to me who until recently has been known by various names among my friends, such as 'cute guy across the road', 'semi-naked guy across the road' (gotta love hot summer days!) 'your boyfriend across the road' (evidently the recurring theme here is that they had to end in 'across the road') until we finally settled on 'Mickey' (my young niece swore she saw him carrying a pillow with Mickey Mouse on it and the name stuck), ie. 'Mickey's mowing the lawn' or ' I saw Mickey at the bus stop today' etc.

Due to a little bit of match making from my friend Derek Aaron finally asked me out - and I said yes! The plan was to go out for coffee later in the week, however he returned an hour later to say he couldn't wait that long and could we go out that night, of course I agreed although I did think to myself it's taken you two years to ask me out and suddenly you can't wait another two days!!!

We've only seen each other four or five times so far but I have promised myself I will not stress about the 12-year age difference (every woman should have a toy boy at least once in her life) and I will not over think things either!

If he turns out to be Mr Right-Now rather than Mr Right then that's fine as I may not know my destination but I'll enjoy the journey anyway. So that's my promise to myself, to not worry about what other people say or think but to take each day one step at a time.


2 comments:

Derek said...

Enjoyed reading & thanks for sharing, it has been my first sucess in over 4 years of trying with my friends at the station.

I am glad you made that promise, like is a book and this I hope is a long long chapter.

A Matter of Feeling said...

I'm so happy for you and sod the age difference........anyone disagreeing needs to get a life!