Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Nice

In the past whenever I've lamented being single my married friends have made comments about how lucky I am. I've always been comfortable with my own company and loneliness has never been an issue for me so I came to view my singledom as a good thing - freedom to go wherever I want whenever I want, no one to complain about what I spend my money on, no arguing over the remote...

What I had forgotten are all the nice moments in the beginning of a relationship:

Having butterflies in your stomach,

Walking around with a stupid grin on your face for no apparent reason,

Being told you're beautiful,

Waking up in the middle of the night and not being alone,

Getting to know each other and there's no awkward silences,

Realising how beautifully unsettling everything truly is!





For Aaron, who my friends still keep calling Mickey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I stumbled across your blog this morning and as a person in a new relationship I can honestly say I agree with everything you have written about the early stages of a romance.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Daisy

Demara said...

I LOVED the 80's and that was a great song, LOVED the dance moves..."OK GO"'s music videos are quite similar!

And yes those are all funny things that 'love' make you do...my favorite one being:
"Walking around with a stupid grin on your face for no apparent reason"

haha thanks for the laughs!

Signed,
a Fellow Facebook Blog Networker