Friday, December 26, 2008

Lava Lamp

Big events like Christmas have been difficult for all of us since my niece Isabelle passed away as it always feels like someone is missing, no matter how good the day is there's just something not quite right about it.

This year I invited the family to my place as I had never had Christmas at mine before - I even put up a tree for the first time in about 5 years!

Like a lot of Aussie's we went for the seafood and cold meat lunch and it was really relaxing as we sat outside and chatted - and ate... and then ate some more!

I missed Belle not being with us but it was lovely to have Madeleine and Mason, who both give good hugs and kisses! At the end of the day everyone was relaxed and there was no fuss or drama - and you can't ask for more than that!


Some of the family opening presents!


Mason with a mouthful of his Aunty's 'white Christmas'


Madeleine happy to receive a charm bracelet from Aunty


The gate is normally used to keep Sandy in her area of the house!



Mason, Madeleine and Isabelle. A beautiful present Noel gave to Danielle. Each big picture contains 18 separate pictures - believe me it took him some time (and a lot of mucking around on the computer) to find 3 pictures that could be broken down like this... and the results are just lovely.


I finally own a lava lamp! How very retro of me - but I have wanted one for ages.


I asked Aaron for some plants for the garden, which he bought and planted for me, however this beautiful necklace was completely unexpected!



Aaron and Ella, crashed out after a long hot day!

Hope you all had the best Christmas you possibly could!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come back to work, I'm hungry, I need cookies!

Carolyn said...

It's time you lot learnt to bake for yourselves!