Sunday, January 11, 2009

Taste The Summer

It's taken a while but Summer has finally kicked in! Aaron and I sit outside a lot, not just during the day but most evenings as well as we don't really watch TV. We decided to put in a new garden so that when we are sitting outside we will have a prettier view.

I wasn't feeling very well on the day we bought the plants so I was told to 'relax' while Aaron did all the work. I felt guilty watching Aaron working away in the heat so I at least made up the hanging baskets - but mostly I just watched (and annoyed him by taking photos all the time)!

When Aaron was removing the turf and turning over the soil he discovered tons of broken pavers that were buried in the ground - perfect for garden edging!

It took a few hours to achieve but I love the end result! In twelve months time when everything has grown the garden will look fantastic.

Job number 1; remove the turf

Adding blood and bone to improve the soil

The plants are in and the mulch has been added

Hanging the baskets

The final touch; Aaron's hammock is put up!

All done

When his hard work was over Aaron relaxed in the hammock with Sandy!

4 comments:

Demara said...

I love hanging baskets! and wow what type of plants did you put in the mulch? Will they grow to be bushes, for more privacy?? Aaron did a great job! I would love a hammock. I think we should get one for our padio in the Summer, so I can lay out in it and fall asleep listening to the busy traffic zoom by. haha nah! I'll wait till we get our first house, which hopefully is in the Summer 'cause then that would be perfect.

Kelly Cruz said...

The garden looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

While your lolling about in the garden, WE ARE STILL HUNGRY! COOKIES! COOKIES! COOKIES! COOKIES!

Carolyn said...

I'm really happy with the garden. The shrubs all have different flowers, the jasmine has white, the yesterday, today and tomorrow has various shades of blue and the others are pink. Once they've grown upwards a bit more it should look fantastic.

As for you lot at work... GO TO THE SHOP AND BUY SOME BISCUITS OR LEARN TO COOK YOURSELF! :-P