Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Birthday Tradition

Some years ago my workplace came up with an embarrassing tradition for anyone celebrating a big '0' birthday (30, 40, 50 etc), and that tradition is that you have to wear a tiara for the day - including those people who serve at the front counter!

Thankfully I started work just after my 30th so I escaped the embarrassment that year and this year I will hopefully be on maternity leave when my 40th rolls around, a lucky escape!

Unfortunately my lovely friend Christine wasn't so lucky, and despite her request that people didn't make a fuss she was forced to wear the dreaded tiara, which this year came with a bonus wand!

That doesn't look like a happy face to me!


Yes, the wand and tiara even made an appearance at the birthday lunch!


While everyone else was drinking alcohol I was on the soft drink!

2 comments:

The Curnews said...

That's so fun! haha Thanks for the laugh.

Philthy said...

And what do the male employees feel about wearing a tiara on their birthday??? ;-)