Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh baby!

Today I went for my 12 week ultrasound. In the last couple of weeks I have been thinking about today and getting quite nervous. The last time I was at the ultra sound centre was with Noel and Danielle 3 years ago and that day turned out horrifically.

Danielle came with me today, for moral support, as Aaron couldn't get the time off work. At first the baby was in the wrong position and the sonographer tried everything to get baby to move, including poking and prodding and making me stand up and jump up and down on the spot - with a rather uncomfortable full bladder.

Nothing seemed to work. The baby moved its arms and legs around but remained laying face down - not the right angle for taking measurements!

Eventually I was told to go and sit in the waiting room for 20 minutes so they could see the next patient and then I was called in again. Luckily baby was being obliging the second time around, although not for long, and the sonographer got the measurements she needed before baby moved sideways.

Although this test is not definitive, I have to wait until the next scan on 24 April, at this stage there are no visible problems so I can relax just a little bit more!


Nice and comfy... laying face down


Finally rolled over, stretching out arms and (long) legs!

Profile pic!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

It was so lovely and such a privilege to be able to come.

I can't wait to meet my neice or nephew, I am so excited.

It was very stubborn but in a cute way.

You're doing a great job.

Dxxx

The Curnews said...

That's a little nerve racking to hear! I'm glad measurements could be taken eventually. Eek!

hearing this sideways stuff is a little scary since i am hoping for a muffin to miraculously sprout inside of me someday too. secret: we've been trying for almost 6 months now, but still nothing :(