Saturday, April 25, 2009

I can't see a willy...

Aaron and I went for the 19-week ultrasound today and thankfully everything with the baby looks good! I haven't allowed myself to get too excited, until now, as I've been with someone when they had their 19-week scan when they were told things with their baby weren't good. I'm also aware that my age is against me as the risk of genetic disorders increases significantly after 35 - and I'm 39.

I breathed an audible sigh of relief once the lady doing the scan said everything looked 'as it should'. The kidneys and bladder have started to function and we even saw bubba drinking some of the amniotic fluid - it's all pretty amazing to see.

Just like at the 12-week scan bubba decided to be naughty (I'm hoping this isn't a sign of things to come) and refused to lay in the right position for the scan! After 30 minutes of prodding we finally got results - and a comment from the lady performing the scan... 'I can't see a willy'! I guess we're having a girl!


Bubba's toes!


feet and legs


doesn't this look like a dinosaur skeleton like you see in a museum!

After the scan was over Aaron and I had a nice lunch together - and then I splurged on a couple of baby outfits - in pink! I have been fortunate enough to have been given so many outfits already, in mostly yellow and white, so I thought it would be nice for me to buy something for my baby.

I felt the baby roll over last week and since then I have felt small movements every day - I can't wait for Aaron to be able to feel the movement as well as he feels like a spectator at this point. One day at a time!


1 comment: