Saturday, November 7, 2009

Blessing Oliver


Today was my nephew Oliver's Blessing at the Nan Tien Temple. Last year Mason had his blessing at the temple so I was really looking forward to going there again.


The weather this week has been cold and wet but when I woke up this morning 
the rain had gone and we ended up with a beautiful sunny day!




 


 
Maddy, Mason, Danielle, Oliver & Noel



Maddy & I in pink!

I really like the philosophy behind the  blessing, despite the fact that we're not Buddhists, which is a wish for the child to grow up to be a good person.  Aaron and I are thinking of having Annabelle blessed next year.





 
All the babies who were blessed today



Aaron, Annabelle & myself



3 Generations; my Mum, myself & Annabelle





with my Dad & his wife




Annabelle looking very cute!

After the blessing we went to a friend of Noel & Danielle's 
for afternoon tea and a swim in their pool for the children. 
Luckily it was a hot day as they'd have been disappointed if it had been too cold to swim.




The speech



The cake that Maddy decorated (with a little help)




An outfit change when it got cooler


1 comment:

Demara said...

Annabelle is still cute :)