Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Home Grown


When we first bought this house one of the first things I said I wanted was a raised veggie garden. I still don't have my proper garden but I have started planted veggies anyway!

The gardening in our house goes something like this:

I buy the plants and tell Aaron where I want them in the garden.

Aaron plants them.

I water the plants and do the weeding.

Once something grows or blooms Aaron takes the credit because he 'planted' it!

I'm still hoping to get my raised garden because I'd love to plant a bigger variety of vegetables - I obviously haven't nagged him enough yet but I'm working on it. So far we've harvested home grown broad beans, tomatoes, limes, strawberries, corn and the capsicum are almost fully grown!  We did plant pumpkin but the snails ate all the seedlings before they had a chance to grow. We also use a lot of home grown herbs (which I actually did plant myself) like thyme, chives, parsley, basil, rosemary and mint and it's really handy being able to snip off some fresh herbs when you're cooking.

Seeing as we don't spray or even use snail bait - in case Sandy eats it by mistake - I think we're doing really well.

All I need to do now is work out what to plant next!



 broad beans



Roma tomatoes



grosse lisse tomatoes



 corn


 
They really do taste yummy!

1 comment:

裕瑤 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.