Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy First Birthday Miss Annabelle

This time last year I was in labour awaiting the birth of my much longed for first baby. I say I was in 'labour' but really there wasn't much work involved as I was given an epidural (I had hypertension so they wanted to keep my blood pressure down) so I didn't really feel any contractions or pain until it was time to push (I know, I shouldn't really admit that should I).

The whole experience was quite calm and peaceful - until the vacuum extraction which ruined the pain-free experience I'd had up to that point!!

Annabelle was born on 26 August 2009 at 5.32pm...


...and weighed 2710 grams (5.9 pounds)!


Happy First Birthday Miss Annabelle Suellen! What joy she brings to our lives.

3 comments:

Nadiah said...

I'm sorry to hear that the vacuum extraction didn't go well for you. Happy Birthday Annabelle! Though really I think the first birthday is a celebration for the parents more than anything - congratulations to you for making it through the first year :-)

Carolyn said...

So true Nadiah, Annabelle couldn't care less about the cake or the presents, it's just another day to her.

little amanda 7609 said...

It is just another day to them but you can torture her with the photos when she turns 18. Seriously though, so much happens in the first year its something to celebrate. I only wish I could have been there to share it with you