Friday, September 3, 2010

Be Careful I Bite!

Two nights ago I was in a deep-sleep when I felt Aaron shaking me awake. Naturally I thought there was something wrong with Annabelle so I jumped out of bed to race into her bedroom only to be told 'you're snoring and it's keeping me awake'.

To most readers this may seem like a reasonable thing to do, however I have to admit I was more than a little miffed for several reasons.

1. I am tired. All the time. No really, all the time!  I'm almost 6 months pregnant, I have a 1 year old daughter and I work 3 days a week - on work days I am away from home for 12 hours at a time - so there's not a lot of time for relaxing. I need uninterrupted sleep.

2. Aaron snores! That's right, Mr complainer himself is a snorer. Hello Pot, have you met Kettle?

3. I can't help it, it's pregnancy related:
As you enter your second trimester you may find yourself snoring for the first time in your life.
According to a sleep survey, about 30 per cent of mums-to-be start to snore during this time.
While you -- and your partner -- may be less than thrilled about this new development, take heart, because there's a good chance that you'll stop snoring after your baby is born. The cause of your midnight melodies is swollen nasal passages. During pregnancy, an increase in progesterone may cause the soft tissues of the nasal passages to swell and partially block the airways. Baby Centre

4. We're only just heading into my sixth month of pregnancy so I still have a long way to go - and pregnancy related snoring is coming along for the ride!

My advice to anyone dealing with a similar problem is to just let it go, pregnant women have enough to deal with without being harassed about their snoring. I can promise you this; if I feel that hand on my shoulder waking me up again because I'm snoring then he may just feel my teeth biting him in response!

After all, there's always the spare room!

4 comments:

little amanda 7609 said...

oohhhhhh. You want to be here when I snore, with my sinus problems I bet I can outsnore the loudest (I am apparently very bad).

Farmers Wifey said...

I've sent hubby to the spare room until he can behave (not snore).

"D" said...

haha I snore! And so does Jeff, but I don't wake him up. He tells me too, but I guess when I'm tired enough I can sleep to his snoring. He wakes me up EVERY single time! It makes falling back to sleep difficult. It naturally already takes me awhile so yeah...frustrating. We kind of had a fight tonight. I apparently woke him up. So I left, prepared to sleep on HIS couch tonight, so as not to wake HIM up AGAIN :(

Nadiah said...

Yeah... I think you'd be well within your rights to send _him_ to the spare room there. Maybe have a chat with him about it when he's awake and all there.