Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Mason

My lovely nephew Mason turned 3 yesterday - a day of equal importance to his parents as it was for him.

I have mentioned my beautiful niece Isabelle  many times before but for the benefit of any new readers of my blog she passed away after being involved in a low impact car accident more than four years ago - she was 3. The older sister Mason will never get to meet.

So now Noel and Danielle find themselves with a 3 year old again - such a big emotional milestone for them.

Mason was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate and has already undergone several surgeries, with more to come in the future. If anyone has a reason to be shy and introverted it's him but he's such a bubbly, lively little boy who is a joy to be around - and he has the stamina of the energiser bunny! After all girls being born into our family Mason was the first boy, luckily for him he now has a brother, Oliver, as he would have been well and truly outnumbered as we currently have 9 girls to 2 boys - my bubba will be the final addition to the family and we still have another 3 weeks until he/she joins us!

We had a family dinner last night on Mason's actual birthday and today was his birthday party with his friends. I was quite excited about Mason's party as it was Annabelle's first birthday party where she could actually participate - she's only been to one other, her cousin Oliver's, and as she was only 10 months old at the time she slept through most of it!

A fun day was had by all!

A newborn Mason - pic borrowed from Danielle's Blog


 With the cake that his clever Nanna made for him


Enjoying being sung to


 Oliver & Madeleine watch as Mason blows out the candles


It's my party & I'll lick my cake if I want to!!


 Maddy helping to look after her cousin Annabelle


I can't believe my baby is soon to be a big sister


The newest addition to our family, my niece Matilda

2 comments:

Demara said...

Maddy is looking so grown up and she's so pretty!! Happy Birthday to Mason :) I lol'd at him licking his cake. haha too cute.

The Clip Cafe said...

Oh Nanna made the cake! Its great. Thank you for sharing this story too. xx