Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sultana Tea Loaf Recipe

I can't remember where or when I came across this recipe but it's one I've had for a long time. What I like about it is that it has no butter or eggs in it so it's great to make when supplies are running low. I also like that you can change what fruit you put in it so it doesn't always have to taste the same, and it's great in the lunch box if you cut it in slices and add a little butter.


Sultana Tea Loaf

Ingredients
1 cup cold tea
1 cup sultanas or other dried fruit (I recently used apricots and cranberries which were nice)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease a 19 x 9 x 6cm loaf tin with butter.

2. In a small mixing bowl, combine tea, sultanas and the vanilla essence and allow to stand for 5 minutes.

3. Sift flour, stir through sugar and cold tea mixture. Mix well.

4. Spoon into tin and bake for 45 minutes.

5. While still warm rub a little butter on top and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

Serve warm,in slices, with butter.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I can say this one is yummy.

We loved it x

Philthy said...

oooh! Might have to pinch this one, looks good. Ta :)