Saturday, April 27, 2013

Anzac Day 2013


They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest We Forget





 Frederick Robert Woodward - my Great Grandfather


The girls made poppies for Anzac Day 


I drew flower shapes, which I cut out, then the girls painted them in red (2 for each poppy). I used a green pipe cleaner as the flower stem, which I poked through the centre of both flowers and folded over at the end. I then glued a black circle over the end of the pipe cleaner to hold it in place on the poppy. 


Only A Donkey is an uplifting story of humility, courage and compassion weaves in the heroic Anzac legend of Simpson and the Donkey. Lyrically told and beautifully illustrated, it is a story that demands to be read and re-read, while the timeless themes will inspire readers of all ages. 

No comments: